Reply To: Jedi Outcast… almost there…

Home Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Jedi Outcast… almost there… Reply To: Jedi Outcast… almost there…

Profile photo of meneerjansen
meneerjansen
Participant

Thanks for the tip about JK2 running on the Pi!!! I loved that game. Considering the fact that ‘Quake III Arena’ runs amazingly perfect on the Pi 1 it wouldn’t surprise me if JK2 runs smooth as well. JK2 is based on the same engine as QIII.

Anyway, I’ve got RetroPie installed via a script on top of Raspbian. So I can re-install the lightweight desktop, which I uninstalled, to test this. But I can’t find proper instructions on how to run JK2 on Linux and X.

The reason that it won’t run without X is probably that it needs OpenGL for the 3D engine. What amazes me it how they’ve gotten QIII te work without an X environment! developed that? I don’t think the RetroPie guys did that…

A shell script to start X, JK2 and to return to Emulationstation when you’re done playing JK2 shouldn’t be too hard to do I think. But using the executable that one made to play JK2 in an X environment can’t be used without X. I should be compiled the same way that they compiled the QIII executable. QIII did not have software rendering as an option anymore like QII had. So you need GL.

Skip to toolbar