Reply To: RPi2 vs RPi3 – Is it even worth it?

Profile photo of meneerjansen
meneerjansen
Participant

Actually some Android devices are pretty cool IMHO. Devices like that are really cool and very cheap (the GPD XD is just an example):

[cut!]

For 150$ you can have a portable console with good emulation support from 8 bits to PSP and Dreamcast…

But, for cheap home emulation on my TV I prefer the Pi as it is fully configurable, will have better software support over time and is enough for a lot of consoles.

In any case, as you say, we have to remember that when we were young, we might have killed to have something like retropie at home. 😉

Holy freakalony! I want one!! I owned a Dingoo, which I lost. Never fully recovered from that mentally. I just typed in the term “GPD XD” on Google and ended up on tis site in Dutch: http://www.portable-games.nl. They mentioned that the ‘Coleco Mini Arcades’ might be re-released. I’ve got on of those (Donkey Kong)! Took it out of the basement last summer. Still woks. I want one of those too! Oh, I want soooo many classic gaming gadges. So many gadgets, so little time and money. Where do y’all come up w/ those wonderful gadgets? I never see then in the Toy Stores anymore and Deal Extreme (www.dx.com) is no good source to find little gaming gems anymore…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Profile photo of meneerjansen meneerjansen.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Profile photo of meneerjansen meneerjansen.

Skip to toolbar