Reply To: (Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc.) Anyone interested in Daphne laserdisc system?

Home Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project (Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc.) Anyone interested in Daphne laserdisc system? Reply To: (Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc.) Anyone interested in Daphne laserdisc system?

Profile photo of shmoopty
shmoopty
Participant

If it was done as a input configuration script as we do for retroarch etc that would help – see https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/tree/master/scriptmodules/supplementary/emulationstation

Hi again, buzz.

Bash scripting is not my proudest skill, but I did a few dry runs with this controller config and it seemed to do the job right. Since daphne has no in-game interface for controllers, it also allows for input tweaking for those who might be inclined.

daphne.sh
(pastebin)

The “onstart” function will create three self-documented files in $configdir/daphne/ if and only if they don’t already exist.

dapinput.ini will store default input configuration.

dapinput-forcekey.ini will store entirely optional keyboard mappings that won’t be overwritten by future input configs.

dapinput-forcejoy.ini will store entirely optional joystick mappings that won’t be overwritten by future input configs.

The “map” function will map the joystick buttons unless those controls have been manually added to the “forcejoy” file. End result – controls work normally the first run and you can still tweak them later.

I’ve seen retropie emulators map either “insert coin” or “exit” to the select button. Since Daphne uses both and can’t map button combos, I’ve somewhat arbitrarily mapped select to “exit”; A B X to the three gameplay buttons; and Y to “insert coin”. If something makes more sense to you, your call.

Cheers,

– Shmoopty

Skip to toolbar