Reply To: (Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc.) Anyone interested in Daphne laserdisc system?

Home Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project (Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc.) Anyone interested in Daphne laserdisc system? Reply To: (Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc.) Anyone interested in Daphne laserdisc system?

Profile photo of caver01
caver01
Participant

This is exciting. Question/Feedback:

Does this setup allow for customization of the run command switches per Daphne ROM?

There has been some mention of DIP switch settings, but they are ROM specific, even among titles that share the same framefile.

For exmaple, I might specify the rom “dle21” to play Dragon’s Lair Enhanced 2.1 using the “lair” framefile and using the following DIP switches: -bank 0 11011000 -bank 1 01110111

but these DIP switches won’t be the same for the “lair_f” ROM that uses the same framefile. The DIPs definitely won’t be the same for another title like space ace.

It definitely makes launching daphne a bit more complicated–something the Daphne Loader front end solves with preferences per game. On another Pi image I worked around this by writing a launch script to parse ROM input parameters and add switches as needed/desired. This is adequate with so few titles to worry about, but necessary given the questions that most people have (i.e. “can I enable the drawbridge scene?”).

Thoughts?

EDIT: Sorry, some of this is redundant to previous posts– by the time I finished writing, questions are being asked and answered! Great work so far.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Profile photo of caver01 caver01.

Skip to toolbar