Reply To: (Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc.) Anyone interested in Daphne laserdisc system?

Home Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project (Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc.) Anyone interested in Daphne laserdisc system? Reply To: (Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc.) Anyone interested in Daphne laserdisc system?

Profile photo of shmoopty
shmoopty
Participant

Cool. I’ll do a pull request with the controller setup when I have the time to do it up properly.

The “.daphne” naming convention is a little strange, but it’s a side-effect of daphne wanting to have a monolithic “home directory”, where roms, log files, config files, and other things go. A frame file (“.txt”) might be more intuitive at representing a game, but daphne also dumps “.txt” files of its own at that location.

Buzz, what is your take on discrete and non-breaking code changes to the repository? Some changes I’ve considered are:

– I would like to fix all joysticks going dead if joystick 0 disconnects. Detecting and reinitializing a replugged joystick would better match the rest of the RetroPie ecosystem. (This is an issue when bluetooth controllers go to sleep)

– Optional command-line parameters to break up the monolithic home directory so logs can go one place, while config files go a different place, etc. (Again, better matching the rest of RetroPie)

– My 10 button limit fix isn’t currently in your repo…

If pull requests like these would be considered, I’d start sending them over. But if the goal is to keep the codebase as-is, I won’t spin my wheels.

Cheers

Skip to toolbar